The internet is full of lies. Here are places to help find the truth.
GENERAL DEBUNKING SITES.Snopes
- The most famous debunking site.
- The reliability has been attacked recently on political ground, but the most of the claims of bias have been proven false.
- Debunks common email hoaxes and scams.
- Website of The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe podcast.
- A podcast rather than a reference, but worth listening to to help critical thinking and looks skeptically at current stories.
- Answers factual questions.
- Another great debunking site.
Science Based Medicine (Health & Medicine)
- Medical and health articles by scientist and doctors based on research, rather than by anecdotes and gut feeling spread by people trying to sell something.
Bad Astronomy (Science/Astronomy)
- Science, especially Astromony
Comic Book Legends Revealed (Comic Books)
- Myths and Legends about the comic industry.
- Checks the truth behind political statements.
- Specifically busting scams.
Any thoughts on the above sites, reliability or quality? Any other sites you'd suggest?