The internet is full of lies and lists. And lists of lies.
DON'T #1: All over-processed foods, particularly white flour and sugar - True, to a point.
DON'T #2: Chemically charged food - Misunderstanding of science and English.
DON'T #3: Foods containing preservatives - Myth.
- Another way to blame evil chemicals (see Don't #2).
- Can actually be safe, protecting food from bacterial contamination and modern food distribution would be impossible without it.
- Do not cause cancer.
- For more information: Ask Men, Australian Cancer Council,
DON'T #4: Artificial Sugars - Myth.
DON'T #5: Artificial foods (such as processed cheese slices) - Myth.
- Nonsense word usage.
DON'T #6: Saturated & trans-fats - Mostly true.
DON'T #7: Sugar-loaded beverages, including colas and juices - True, but...
- True you should avoid sugar-loaded food, including drinks.
- However, is based on the idea that high fructose corn syrup is present and worse than normal sugar. It isn't.
- For more information: WebMD (Truth #2)
DON'T #8: Excessive amounts of alcohol - True.
- Ever had a hangover?
DON'T #9: All calorie-dense foods containing little or no nutritional value (anti-foods) - True.
- But complex. After all, there are calorie-dense foods that are nutritious.
- The "anti-food" label is nonsense though.
DON'T #10: Super-sizing your meals.
- Gramatically incorrect, should be "super-size your meals."
- Portion size again.
- And absolutely everything you can super size is covered by Don'ts #1 - 9.